The Fastest Chevy Camaros of All-Time
In the now six generations of Camaros, there have been a number of special edition models and options, giving Chevy the reputation for speed and performance. Here is a list of the fastest stock Camaros ever, according to 0-60 time:
- The 2016 Camaro 2.0T base model reaches 60 mph in just 5.4 seconds, faster than the iconic 1980’s IROC-Z.
- The 1969 ZL1 Camaro is a legend in its own right. Taking street performance up a notch, it could reach 60 mph in 5.3 seconds.
- The Camaro 4th-Generation SS with its 5.7-liter V8, shaved .1 seconds off of the 0-60 mph, coming in at just 5.2 seconds. Released on the 35th anniversary of Camaro, it was as special as it was fast.
- The 4th-Generation Z28 SS hit the streets in 1993, and though it ties with number 6 above, it produced slightly more torque.
- The 2016 Camaro RS, with its 3.6 liter V6 engine, reaches 60 mph in 5.1 seconds.
- The 2014 COPO Camaro was fitted to NHRA specs, not street legal. However, some 2015 production models exist. This beast goes from 0-60 in just 4.5 seconds.
- The 2016 SS takes second place, with a 0-60 mph in just 3.9 seconds. Which leaves one to wonder what’s next…
- The 2015 Camaro ZL1 ties number 2 in the 0-60 test. But with 580 hp, 556 lb. ft. of torque, and 184 mph, the 2015 ZL1 offers one wild ride.
If you’re looking for the thrill of a pavement-thumping drive, with the quality and affordability Chevy brings to the everyman, stop in to Gregg Young Chevrolet in Norwalk. Check out the award-winning line of 2016 Camaros today.
Gregg Young Chevrolet of Norwalk
2501 Sunset Drive
Norwalk, Iowa 50211