The 2017 Chevrolet Malibu is available with one of two different powertrains, giving you the freedom to choose your desired driving experience. With either engine under the hood, expect the Malibu to offer an exciting balance of power and efficiency.
- Engines – The L, LS, and LT trims come with a turbocharged 1.5L four-cylinder engine that puts out 160 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. The Premier trim upgrades to a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with impressive power ratings of 250 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. With that much power at your disposal, you can sprint from 0-60 mph in a quick 6.4 seconds.
- Transmissions – The 1.5L engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, while the 2.0L engine is paired with an all-new nine-speed automatic for a more refined driving experience. In both cases, power is sent to the front wheels.
- Efficiency – A stop-start engine system comes standard on the 1.5L engine, which helps it to achieve impressive fuel-efficiency ratings of 27 mpg city and 36 mpg highway. Even if you opt for the stronger engine, those ratings remain impressive at 22 mpg city and 33 mpg highway.
The overall quality of the 2017 Chevrolet Malibu’s interior design is truly giving premium automakers a run for their money. Plus, the footprint of the car allows you lots of room for passengers and cargo but still feels nimble on the road and compact when you are parking.
- Highlights – The dashboard and gauges have a sleek design that provides exceptional visibility while upgrading the look and feel of the cabin. There are storage spaces and cubbies integrated throughout the cabin to avoid clutter, and the seat positions can easily be adjusted, so you can configure the cabin to your specific needs.
- Passengers – Five passengers can spread out within 118.7 cu-ft of space, meaning even when you have five adults on board everyone rides in comfort.
- Cargo – The trunk offers a spacious 15.8 cu-ft of space, so you don’t have to depend on the back seat for spillover. For those times when you need even more room, a standard 60/40-split folding rear seat makes it easy to accommodate longer items.
Trims and Features
The 2017 Chevrolet Malibu comes loaded with countless features you look for in a midsize sedan, along with several exciting surprises! These features ensure that every trip you take is comfortable, convenient, and safe. And no matter which trim level you select, count on paying less than you expect for the 2017 Chevrolet Malibu.
- L – MSRP from $22,555 – Even on the base trim, you can take advantage of keyless ignition and entry to get going faster, along with cruise control when you are logging a lot of miles. The car also comes with advanced technologies like the OnStar telematics system, Bluetooth® phone connectivity, and a six-speaker stereo that fills the cabin with rich audio.
- LS – MSRP from $24,100 – This trim adds 16-inch alloy wheels for improved styling and improved window glass that helps block out road noise. You’ll also enjoy several tech upgrades, including a rearview camera, a 7-inch touchscreen with the Chevy MyLink infotainment interface, as well as Apple Car Play and Android Auto app, and a 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection.
- 1LT – MSRP from $26,000 – The exterior adds larger 17-inch wheels, stylish LED daytime running lights, and heated mirrors. The interior adds an eight-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar, rear climate vents, and satellite radio.
- Premier – MSRP from $31,850 – The top-of-the-line trim comes with premium features like an 8-inch touchscreen with navigation, wireless phone charging, leather upholstery, a nine-speaker Bose® stereo, and dual-zone climate controls. Several of these are also available upgrades on lower trims.
- Hybrid – MSRP from $28,750 – Enjoy SiriusXM® satellite radio, 3-month OnStar® Guidance Plan, and increased fuel efficiency of up to 49 city mpg and 43 highway mpg.
Tour and Test Drive the 2017 Chevrolet Malibu in Norwalk
What are you waiting for? Head to Gregg Young Chevrolet of Norwalk at 2501 Sunset Drive. to test drive the 2017 Chevrolet Malibu. Our showroom is conveniently located for drivers visiting us from West Des Moines or Indianola. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff is available six days a week and eager to answer any questions you may have! Feel free to contact us online or by phone at 866-608-3032.