2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 Work Trucks
Consistently rated as one of the most dependable trucks in America, the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck offers power, impressive handling capabilities, and a list of features that leaves no doubt it can get the job done—and better than the competition. Explore the differences between the WT and other models, and see why, no matter which one you choose for your next West Des Moines job, you’ve made the right decision.
Chevy Silverado 1500 Work Truck Engine Options
The Chevy Silverado 1500 is available with three potent engine options, although only two are offered on the Work Truck:
- 4.3 L V6 – The base engine is the very capable 4.3 L Ecotec3 V6 which is mated to either the 2WD or 4WD drivetrain, depending on trim chosen. This powerplant delivers 285-hp and best-in-class standard V6 torque of 305 lb.-ft. Drivers can look forward to as much as 18 mpg/city and 24 mpg/highway fuel economy.
- 5.3 L V8 – The WT Crew Cab Standard Box is powered by the 355-hp 5.3 L V8 which creates as much as 383 lb.-ft. of peak torque. This engine can also be paired with a 2WD or a 4WD drivetrain.
Drivers can also choose the 6.2 L V8 engine for as much as 420-hp and 460 lb.-ft. of torque on selected trims
Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing
The Silverado offers best-in-class towing of as much as 12,500 pounds when equipped with the 6.2 L V8 and, while that isn’t available on the WT trim, they’ll still have access to as much as 7,600 pounds of towing potential from the V6 and up to 11,000 pounds of towing from the 5.3 L V8.
Chevy Silverado WT Trim Features
Because the Work Truck is the entry-level trim, many West Des Moines shoppers assume that it must be a stripped-down, bare-bones version of the Silverado, but the truth is, this powerful rig has plenty to be excited about, including standard features like:
- CornerStep Rear Bumper Step
- Cab-Mounted Cargo-Area Lights
- Solar-Absorbing Glass
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Chevrolet MyLink with 7-inch Color Touchscreen Display
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- OnStar Concierge Service
- Air Conditioning
- Tilt Steering Column
- Rear Vision Camera
To learn more and see what features differentiate your favorite trims, drop by Gregg Young Chevrolet in Norwalk and watch the Silverado in action.
More on the Chevy Silverado 1500
Safe and Comfortable Driving with Gregg Young Chevy Norwalk and the Silverado 1500 When you decide you need a new truck, a Silverado 1500 is a safe and comfortable approach. This automobile is not only large enough to fit a big family, but it is reliable and built to last for a very…
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado is a legendary truck, in part because it’s also one of the easiest trucks to personalize with accessories, no matter which trim level you choose. Des Moines and Indianola drivers can customize their new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 pickup or heavy-duty truck with OEM Chevy accessories for General Motors vehicles. Explore some of the…