2018 Chevrolet Traverse Safety
The 2018 Chevy Traverse is designed to provide drivers with more than just a powerful, attractive way to get where they want to go – it’s engineered to ensure they get there safely, too. Explore the advanced safety equipment available to you when you choose to finance your new Traverse then see how Gregg Young Chevrolet does it better.
When it comes to keeping people safe, the Chevy Traverse takes security to new heights with a comprehensive menu of standard and available safety features designed to add protection and convenience:
- Forward Collision Alert: Provides audible and visual alerts when it senses an obstacle in front of the vehicle.
- Front Pedestrian Braking: Can apply the brakes if a pedestrian is detected and the driver fails to react.
- Rear Camera: Displays the rear of the vehicle on the in-dash touchscreen when the vehicle is in reverse. Can be upgraded to include surround vision on select models.
- Lane Departure Warning: Alerts the driver if it senses the vehicle swerving out of the intended traffic lane.
- Automatic Braking: When equipped, the vehicle can apply the brakes if it senses an impending collision to reduce the severity of the impact.
- Lane Keep Assist: Gently returns the vehicle to the intended lane of traffic.
- Rear Park Assist: Warns if the vehicle comes too close to a stationary object while backing.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: Monitors the area behind the vehicle and alerts the driver if it senses oncoming traffic.
- Rear Seat Reminder: If the rear doors are opened during loading, this system will provide audible and visual reminders to check the back seat for forgotten passengers.
- Teen Driver: Provides an in-vehicle report card to help new drivers improve their habits.
Chevrolet has designed the 2018 Traverse to be strong, using high-strength alloys in the vehicle’s construction to ensure that it can withstand the impact from an accident with as little unnecessary deformity as possible. Couple that fact with the strategic placement of front and rear crumple zones engineered to absorb the force of impact, and the Traverse becomes the protective cabin occupants need in an emergency.
Test-drive the Chevrolet Traverse
Explore the 2018 Chevrolet Traverse safety features when you schedule a West Des Moines test drive. Contact Gregg Young Chevrolet at (515) 256-4010 or stop by our showroom at 2501 Sunset Drive in Norwalk, IA to learn more.