2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2019 Chevy Colorado vs. Silverado 1500
The Chevy truck segment has powerful, capable options for Des Moines drivers, two of which include the 2019 Chevrolet Colorado and the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. They do share a few similarities, but there are differences that make exploring the Chevrolet Colorado vs. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 worth it.
Chevy Truck Pricing and Trim Levels
- Base Price: The Colorado Base trim starts at $21,300 MSRP, and the Silverado Work Truck starts at $28,300 MSRP.
- Top Price: The top-of-the-line Colorado ZR2 starts at $42,500 MSRP. The Silverado 1500 High Country starts at $53,000 MSRP.
- Configurations: The new Chevy Colorado offers five trim levels, whereas the Silverado 1500 provides eight available trim levels.
Chevy Truck Performance and Towing
- Standard Engine and Transmission: The Colorado Base comes equipped with a 2.5L four-cylinder engine that delivers 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque. It’s paired with a six-speed manual transmission. The Silverado 1500 Work Truck runs on a 4.3L V6 that delivers 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque. It’s paired with a six-speed automatic w/OD and auto-manual transmission.
- Drivetrain: Both the 2019 Colorado and the new Chevy Silverado have standard rear-wheel drive on their base trims, but some higher trims do have four-wheel drive as standard or optional.
- Towing Capacity: The Colorado can tow up to 7,000 pounds around Indianola, and has a max payload of 1,548 pounds. The Silverado 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,200 pounds and a max payload of 2,250 pounds.
Chevy Colorado vs. Silverado: Which is Your Next Pickup Truck?
Both of these Chevrolet pickup trucks provide stellar performance, pricing and configurations, and towing capabilities — as well as great accessories to customize your drive. We offer both full-size pickup trucks in our inventory, and you can test drive both vehicles at Gregg Young Chevrolet Norwalk. Questions? Contact us today about our new or used inventory, services offered, or for things to do like dining out at a Norwalk restaurant.