2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity & Towing Features
The 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 boasts a maximum towing capacity of 12,500 pounds, as well as a payload of up to 2,250 pounds. With its hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and a series of towing features, the 2018 Chevy Silverado is one of the strongest light-duty pickup trucks Des Moines drivers can buy.
Towing Capacity by Silverado Engine Option
Just how impressive the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and performance is depends on which of its three powerful engine options you choose:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: The standard V6 engine generates 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,600 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: The second-level engine reaches 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity increases to 11,100 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: The most powerful engine on the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow a maximum of 12,500 pounds. Moreover, the V8 puts out an impressive 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
The Chevy Silverado 1500 was built to work on jobs in Des Moines, so it provides plenty of enhancements to make towing and hauling easy. These features include:
- Trailering Package: The standard Silverado 1500 Trailering Package includes a trailering hitch platform with a 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This available package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Purchase extended view towing mirrors as Chevy Silverado accessories for safer towing around Indianola.
Learn More About the Chevy Silverado
Ready to see the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in action? Schedule a test drive at Gregg Young Chevrolet Norwalk near Pleasant Hill to explore its performance features, interior comforts, and driver assists. Be sure to check out our current offers and incentives on new Chevy trucks!
More on the Chevy Silverado 1500
Safe and Comfortable Driving with Gregg Young Chevy Norwalk and the Silverado 1500 When you decide you need a new truck, a Silverado 1500 is a safe and comfortable approach. This automobile is not only large enough to fit a big family, but it is reliable and built to last for a very…
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado is a legendary truck, in part because it’s also one of the easiest trucks to personalize with accessories, no matter which trim level you choose. Des Moines and Indianola drivers can customize their new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 pickup or heavy-duty truck with OEM Chevy accessories for General Motors vehicles. Explore some of the…