2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Performance Specs and Features
Serving up best-in-class V6 torque, V8 fuel economy, and V8 towing capacity, the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 is an obvious choice for West Des Moines drivers looking for serious performance capabilities from a full-size pickup truck. With it, you’ll also enjoy numerous performance-oriented features like a Max Trailering Package, StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control, and an EZ Lift and Lower Tailgate. Find out more at Gregg Young Chevrolet of Norwalk.
Powertrains and Drivetrains
When you choose this full-size Chevy pickup, you’ll have the choice of rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive, as well as these three different engine options:
- 3L EcoTec3 V6 – Standard on most versions of the Silverado 1500, this 4.3L V6 engine comes with a six-speed automatic transmission and makes 285 hp and a class-leading 305 lb-ft of torque while getting up to an EPA-estimated 24 mpg highway and 18 mpg city.
- 3L EcoTec3 V8 – The LTZ and High Country trim come standard with this 5.3L V8, which can be matched to a six-speed or eight-speed automatic. It sends out 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque and gets up to a best-in-class 23 mpg highway and 16 mpg city, according to the EPA.
- 2L EcoTec3 V8 – The most powerful engine in the lineup comes standard with an eight-speed automatic, making 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque while getting up to an EPA-estimated 21 mpg highway and 15 mpg city.
The GM designers and engineers who put together the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 knew that their consumers wanted a truck that could handle serious towing loads, which is why they built this high-strength steel pickup with a best-in-class available towing capacity. Depending on which version of the Silverado 1500 you choose, you’ll be able to tow between 7,600 pounds and 12,500 pounds. Towing is also made easier thanks to special features like:
- Integrated Brake Controller
- Tow/Haul Mode
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control
- Max Trailering Package
- Hill Start Assist
The Silverado 1500 is built with a high-strength roll-formed steel truck bed box floor as well, measuring 5.7 feet, 6.5 feet, or 8 feet, depending on the version you choose. Payload varies by setup, ranging from 1,980 pounds for the V6 up to 2,160 pounds for the 6.2L V8. You’ll also get features that make hauling gear in the truck bed easier, such as:
- EZ Lift & Lower tailgate
- CornerStep rear bumper and pocket hand grips
- Four lower tie-downs
See How the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 Performs
Looking for a full-size pickup truck that you can count on, both on the job and off? The 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 is on sale at your Indianola-area Chevy dealership—Gregg Young Chevrolet of Norwalk, located at 2501 Sunset Drive in Norwalk, IA. Contact us online with questions, or give us a call at 866-608-3032 to set up a test drive.